- Do not use chemical fungicide after application of R. B. BT for 2-4 days.
- R. B. BT products should not be tank-mixed with fungicides. Fungicides should not be applied within 24 hours of R. B. BT applications. R. B. BT products are compatible with a number of adjuvant and chemical and biological insecticides. Growers should contact the specific manufacturer or dealer for specific recommendations.
Safety Precaution :
- If spill on skin, wash with plenty of water. Keep out of reach of children and uninformed persons.
|Scientific Name||Bacillus Thuringiensis|
|Storage||Store in a Cool Place|
|Shelf Life||9 months|
Packing Available :
- 1000 gm and 500 gm in packets / pouches
- 12 kg and 15 kg in carton box
Bacillus Thuringiensis (or BT) is a Gram-positive, soil-dwelling bacterium, commonly used as a biological pesticide. Unlike typical nerve-poison insecticides, BT acts by producing proteins (Delta-Endotoxin, the "toxic crystal") that reacts with the cells of the gut lining of susceptible insects. These Bacillus Thuringienses proteins paralyze the digestive system, and the infected insect stops feeding within hours. Spores and crystalline insecticidal proteins produced by Bacillus Thuringiensis have been used to control insect pests since the 1920s. They are now used as specific insecticides under trade names such as R. B. BT. Because of their specificity, these pesticides are regarded as environmentally friendly, with little or no effect on humans, wildlife, pollinators, and most other beneficial insects. Bacillus Thuringiensis -based insecticides are often applied as liquid sprays on crop plants, where the insecticide must be ingested to be effective. It is thought that the solubilized toxins form pores in the midgut epithelium of susceptible larvae. Recent research has suggested that the midgut bacteria of susceptible larvae are required for Bacillus Thuringiensis insecticidal activity.
Current commercial formulations are limited to those produced by few companies: The crystal spores of the foliar formulations of product are microscopic, can be applied with standard spray equipment. It can also be used as a drip application, soil applications R. B. BT is registered for control of caterpillars of Helicoverpa armigera, Spodoptera lituera.
- R. B. BT is available as Talc as carrier for Solid preparation.
Method of Application :
- Spraying: Mix 1 lit / 1 kg R. B. BT in 200-250Lit of water for spraying of 1 acre of land.
- Use for fruiting crops: Mix 500 gm R. B. BT in 100 Lit water & apply it to plants deep up to roots or through drip irrigation.
R. B. BT is mostly useful for all types of Plants and Vegetables
Recommended Crops :
- R. B. BT is used in protecting crops such as Cauliflower, Cotton, Tobacco, Soybean, Sugarcane, Sugar beet, Eggplant, Red gram, Bengal gram, Banana, Tomato, Chilly, Potato, Citrus, Onion, Groundnut, Peas, Sunflower, Brinjal, Coffee, Tea, Ginger, Turmeric, Pepper, Betel vine, Cardamom.